What is the 8 Week Mindfulness Course?
Within this 8 week course you will be building core skills in Mindfulness and you
will see significant results quite quickly.
Here are just some of the benefits of Mindfulness:
- Developing a resilient mindset
- Rising above fear, doubt and insecurity
- Reduced stress and worry
- Develop self-acceptance and self-compassion
- Break self-defeating habits
- Improve performance in sports
- Create a rich, full and meaningful life
Themes of the 8 week course:
Week 1- Awareness and automatic pilot
Week 2- Working with thoughts and feelings
Week 3- Becoming more aware
Week 4- Responding creatively to challenges
Week 5- Letting what’s here be what’s here
Week 6- Thoughts aren’t facts
Week 7- Taking care of yourself and others
Week 8- Maintaining a mindful mindset - what now?
As part of the course you will also be invited to a retreat day at Rockingham Village Hall, where you will be led through many of the practices that you've learnt.
This day will help to deepen your practice and is a truly wonderful experience.
- Meditation skills
- Awareness of habitual patterns of your mind
- Ability to respond skillfully, rather than react
- Taking a daily breathing space
- Being more present in your daily life
- Changing your relationship towards stress, thoughts and moods
- Clarity and balanced acceptance of experiences just as they are
- Greater self-compassion and kindness to yourself and others
- Deeper appreciation of the good things in your life
- Enhanced relationships with those most important to you
What does it involve for me?
There is a level of self-commitment for yourself. You will be asked to complete home practice. This is to develop a daily mindfulness meditation practice and to complete brief exercises that will enhance your learning. Mindfulness is a practice, you will get out what you put in, therefore it is important to create time to cultivate and build your daily practice during this 8 week course and beyond.
Guided meditations are provided for home practice. These will be provided on USB stick for you to download and use how you wish. You will be provided with a weekly worksheet which will have information around the theme for that week and guidance for home practice.
What do I need to bring?
Wear comfortable relaxed clothing, you may also wish to bring a blanket.
Chairs will be provided, but if you wish to bring a cushion or meditation stool please feel free. If you have a yoga mat, please bring this with you (you will be advised on what sessions to bring this). If you do not have a yoga mat don’t worry, one will be provided for you. Light refreshments will be provided each week.
If you have any questions about the course or would like to reserve a place, please get in touch.